Saturday, September 21, 2024
HomeBadmintonT20 World Cup: "Shakib Al Hasan Will Come Again To Kind", Says...

T20 World Cup: “Shakib Al Hasan Will Come Again To Kind”, Says Bangladesh Skipper Najmul Hossain

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp

Forward of his facet’s ICC T20 World Cup match in opposition to the Netherlands, Bangladesh skipper Najmul Hossain Shanto backed his crew to succeed in the Tremendous Eights stage, saying that they’ve performed some good cricket within the event to date. Bangladesh will tackle the Netherlands in an important Group D conflict at Kingstown on Thursday. Bangladesh is in second place in Group D with a win and a loss, giving them two factors. The Netherlands is in third place within the group with a win and loss too. Each groups are in rivalry for a spot within the Tremendous Eight stage of the event.

Talking forward of the sport on the pre-match press convention, Shanto stated, “Yeah, as I stated, we performed some good cricket right here. And we’re very a lot assured that the crew we’ve got this time, if we play to our energy, we must always go to the Tremendous Eights.”

Questioned on a slim four-run loss to South Africa of their earlier match, the skipper stated that such issues occur in cricket and the crew is pleased with its performances.

“And right here we had an excellent follow session in the present day. A little bit scorching however the boys have already adjusted and I hope we may have an excellent match,” he added.

Shanto stated that nobody within the crew is nervous in regards to the type of all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan. The veteran has contributed simply 97 runs and 6 wickets in his final eight T20Is.

“It is very important know the way a lot he expects than the expectations of the folks. He’s making an attempt his greatest and dealing laborious. He’s in an excellent situation already. I hope he’ll ship nicely tomorrow,” he continued.

He additionally clarified that there’s nothing incorrect with Shakib’s eyes and he’s practising nicely within the nets.

“Only one or two innings can go incorrect on this format. I don’t really feel any stress as a captain. And I do know that he additionally doesn’t really feel any stress. As a result of he has plenty of expertise, I believe he may have an excellent comeback,” added Shanto.

Shanto additionally stated that he has favored the help from the gang to date and hopes that they are going to flip up for this recreation too.

Talking on the crew’s batting efficiency, he stated that Litton Das and Towhid Hridoy are among the many gamers doing nicely.

“I by no means anticipate that every one seven batsmen will play nicely. I would like the batsman who’s getting set whether or not he is from the highest or center order, to complete the sport. In fact, it’s good whether it is coming from the highest. However I would like the batsmen who’re getting set to complete the sport,” he added.

Shanto additionally stated that circumstances in Kingstown are so much higher than in New York and Texas, however the wind is a problem.

“So, there’s a little assist for the bowlers, from what I understood after batting right here. I hope that we are going to play in an excellent wicket tomorrow however we do not know but. We’ll regulate regardless of the wicket is and attempt to play,” he concluded.

Squads:

Netherlands Squad: Michael Levitt, Max ODowd, Vikramjit Singh, Sybrand Engelbrecht, Bas de Leede, Scott Edwards(w/c), Teja Nidamanuru, Logan van Beek, Tim Pringle, Paul van Meekeren, Vivian Kingma, Saqib Zulfiqar, Aryan Dutt, Kyle Klein, Wesley Barresi

Bangladesh Squad: Tanzid Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Litton Das(w), Shakib Al Hasan, Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali, Rishad Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Mustafizur Rahman, Mahedi Hasan, Tanvir Islam, Shoriful Islam, Soumya Sarkar.

(Apart from the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is revealed from a syndicated feed.)

Matters talked about on this article

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments