Saturday, September 21, 2024
HomeCricketT20 World Cup 2024: Mohammad Amir narrates an untold story of receiving...

T20 World Cup 2024: Mohammad Amir narrates an untold story of receiving Virat Kohli’s bat forward of the IND vs PAK recreation

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp

World Cup ad

Arch-rivals India and Pakistan will conflict in a extremely anticipated match within the ongoing T20 World Cup 2024 on Sunday (June 9) on the Nassau County Worldwide Cricket Stadium in New York. This fixture carries further significance because it brings collectively two of cricket’s fiercest opponents on the sector towards one another

Mohammad Amir remembers heartwarming gesture from Virat Kohli

Forward of this important encounter, Pakistan’s seamer Mohammad Amir shared a heartwarming story involving India’s batting maestro Virat Kohli. In 2016, Kohli gifted Amir one in all his bats, a gesture that has since been by each these gamers as a remembered as an emblem of sportsmanship and respect between the 2 cricketing nations.

Recounting the incident, Amir revealed that the story started throughout the Asia Cup in Bangladesh. Talking with Star Sports activities, Amir detailed how he and fellow cricketer Imad Wasim encountered Kohli in a gallery throughout the match. Imad was inspecting Kohli’s bat, which prompted Amir to specific his personal need for the bat. Kohli, in response, promised to reward him the bat when Pakistan visited India for the T20 World Cup. True to his phrase, Kohli gifted his MRF bat to Amir when the groups met on the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. This gesture got here at a time when Amir was making his return to worldwide cricket after serving a ban for spot-fixing, making the second much more poignant.

“The bat story began in Bangladesh when Asia Cup was going down. After the match, me and Imad Wasim had been strolling in the direction of the dressing room. We noticed Virat coming in the direction of us. So, Imad checked Virat’s bat. So I mentioned ‘Depart Imad, I would like your bat. So Virat promised me. He mentioned you’re coming to India for the World Cup, I provides you with my bat there. So he was working towards in Kolkata and I shouted to him ‘the place is my bat?’ He mentioned ‘sure I’ve introduced it’ after which after the apply, he gave me his bat,” Amir mentioned.

Additionally READ: Sanjay Manjrekar counsel one essential change in India’s enjoying XI for Pakistan conflict | T20 World Cup 2024

Contrasting begins within the T20 World Cup 2024: India and Pakistan

Because the T20 World Cup progresses, India and Pakistan discover themselves in contrasting positions. India, led by Rohit Sharma, started their marketing campaign with a dominant efficiency towards Eire. The Males in Blue bowled out Eire for simply 96 runs and chased down the goal with ease, profitable by eight wickets. Senior paceman Jasprit Bumrah starred with the ball, securing the Participant of the Match award for his distinctive spell of two/6 from three overs. In stark distinction, Pakistan confronted a stunning defeat by the hands of co-hosts United States of America (USA) on June 6. In an exhilarating Tremendous Over encounter, Pakistan fell brief, including stress as they put together to face India.

Additionally READ: T20 World Cup 2024: Kamran Akmal gives profitable recommendation to Pakistan for defeating India

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments